WE ARE TEMPORARILY SUSPENDING
ALL BUYBACKS DUE TO COVID-19
UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE.
Getting cash for pre-enjoyed goodness is a snap.
Bring your products to our Chic's Beach location and
we will provide a free quote, usually in 30 minutes or
less. No appointment is needed, but if you have over
30 items, we prefer they arrive before 7:00pm Mon -
Sat and before 4:00pm on Sunday.
Unlike many other stores, we don't issue "funny
money" credits that you may lose track of. We give
CASH only, which we encourage you to spend on
books, music and movies, from AFK Books &
If you bought a product from us, and our sticker is
intact, we will always buy it back from you. In fact if
it's still popular, in great shape, and we don't already
have it in stock, you'll even score some bonus cash.
We accept vinyl records, textbooks, fiction and
non-fiction books, kids books, audio books on CD,
manga, CDs, DVDs, Blu-ray, video games and
music-themed t-shirts or clothing.
Pricing is determined by the quantity we have in
stock, popularity, and condition. Products released in
the last 60-90 days typically command a higher price.
The more popular a product is right now, the more
you will get paid.
We don't provide quotes over the phone and all
quotes are provided for lots only. We don't have the
resources to provide pricing on individual items.
As an independent, local business, we also
appreciate direct product donations. Thank you for
supporting independent book stores and record
- Dust jackets are required if originally present.
- Pages must be unyellowed and free of smoke and
- Covers and pages must be stain free, untorn and
bindings must be intact and undamaged.
- A few dedications, highlights, & notes may be okay,
especially for reference books and textbooks.
- We do not accept library books, pornography,
encyclopedias or technology-related books more
than 2 years old.
VINYL & CD CONDITION REQUIREMENTS:
- Vinyl must have original outer sleeve in very good
condition (untorn, clean, smoke and mildew free, etc.)
- Vinyl must be unwarped and without scratches or
scuffs that you can feel with a finger-tip.
- For vinyl, we mostly buy rock, blues, punk, metal, jazz,
reggae and soul from the 1960's on. There are many
exceptions to that rule though and we would rather you
bring them in than miss an opportunity. We rarely buy
- CDs must have cover insert and back cover.
- Cracked cases are fine, assuming the art-work is in
- Scratched CDs are sometimes okay, but may reduce
the value paid.
- We do not buy pirated music or bootlegs.
- Must have original artwork/box, in excellent condition
- Scuffs are sometimes okay, but reduce value.
- Must be smoke, mildew and odor free.
- We do not buy pirated or bootleg movies.
VIDEO GAME REQUIREMENTS:
We accept working games for the following systems:
- Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, GC, Wii, Wii U, Switch
- GameBoy: GBA, GBC, DS, 3DS
- Sega: Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast
- Microsoft: Xbox (limited), Xbox 360, Xbox One
- Sony: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4, PSP, Vita
Original boxes are required for all disc-based games.
We do not buy sports games, with the year in the title,
unless it is the current or upcoming year.
Scratched disc-based games may be acceptable,
depending on the game, but will reduce the value.
We do not buy pirated games.
- All products must be smoke, mildew and stain free.
- Per Virginia Beach law, a valid government-issued
photo I.D. is required and you must be 18 or over.